Wednesday, July 1, 2009

I'm Home

After 5 days of chilling in the hospital, I am back. I was very blessed with visitors and laughter and which made it a better experience. They changed the surgery. They replaced a heart valve and also "un-roofed" my pulmonary valve by trimming a part of a flap of my heart to allow better blood to flow. I am feeling decent and waiting around for my sternum to heal. :) Some pictures:


Getting ready for surgery. Steve and Jami Newton were there to support my mom and me. Others showed up in prayers and calls.
My mother took this right after surgery was over. Thanks mom.

This outline made by blue marker was made when a HUGE shot in my neck was being pulled out and nicked something...and freaked out the nurse. She drew a outline of how huge the hematoma(blood spreading under the skin) was so they could check to see if it grew any larger. It didn't.
With some of the visitors who came to see me. Yay for Springport schools support!
With my mom 3 days after surgery. She took great care of me.
My sis and Anne came to visit and brought me some laughter and pony tails
The only way my arm will ever look like a drug user.
At home and relaxing. Annnnd maybe still on drugs because I am finding EVERYTHING hilarious...but I have to make it small laughs for now because of the sternum pain makes me sound like Marge Simpson laughing. ha ha


One another shorter rant...does anyone think it is tad sad that they feel the need to make a bachelor/bachelorette for heavier people called "More to Love"? What happened to good people meeting other good people regardless of their size?


4 comments:

  1. Whoo hoo, Laura! I'm so happy everything went well. I'm going to try to catch you on Skype, soon.

    I got your package on Tuesday! Thank you soooo much! Only you and your "big heart" (although, not so big now that's fixed, eh?) would think to send me a package when you were about to have open heart surgery. You're pretty much awesome.

    Take care, okay? Hopefully I'll talk to you soon! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, Laura!!! I'm glad you're home relaxing! I will hopefully talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you're doing well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. In the spirit of your giggles, I thought I would share the security test "word" with you. You ready? Doofla. It made me laugh, anyway!

    ReplyDelete