Monday, April 4, 2011

Wedding Stuff

In an effort to document my wedding experience, let me tell you right now that wedding planning is a lot to handle. When I first became engaged, everyone began telling me about how much fun it was to plan a wedding and how much I will love it.

They lied.

I started out my planning with stars in my eyes and a content smile. Then all of the details (which are still being decided) were having trouble cementing. I have come to the conclusion that wedding planning is so intense so it makes you want to stay married because you don't want to go through planning another one.

I may be exaggerating a bit.

All that to say, yes it is stressful. But, when I remember why all of this hoopla is occurring it makes it all worth it. If the colors aren't perfect, the reception locale is a little off - who cares? All that matters is that I get to be married to an amazing man and am able to celebrate that love with my family and friends.

Life is good and God is good. :)

Off to do some more planning.

2 comments:

  1. Laura, you are speaking my language! There is a lot to do and lot of people to keep happy and lot of childhood dreams that somehow need to become reality, but one of the most amazing things is to sit at your head table on your wedding day and look around you realizing that this may be the only time in your life that you are surrounded by so many people that mean so much!!

    It is a weird and wonderful feeling! Hurrah for new adventures or as you say it, "putting on the new!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in the process if planning My fiancée and I's wedding and it has been so crazy! we had to cut 200 people off of the list. The live band is what is my husbands job to get, is having trouble at it so now i have to find out how. We got these cool pint glasses for the wedding party, have you seen these before? http://mustachepintglass.com

    ReplyDelete